When renovating your bathroom, there are essential steps that if aren’t done, the bathroom will catastrophically fail. We would love to help you satisfy your bathroom renovation needs safely, affordably, and efficiently. So below, we highlighted 5 things that are essential in your bathroom renovations.
- Suitable walls/floor; Having the right material inside of your bathroom is essential to stop major water damage from occurring in the bathroom. Using tiles that don’t let water seep through them is needed, so ensure that you have the correct ones. An example of a material not to use in your bathroom would be carpet as water can severely damage it, causing mould and a musky smell.
Even more important is making sure your bathroom is waterproof. Waterproofing your bathroom requires the use of a waterproof membrane early on in your bathroom build process.
- Lighting; Having great lighting above a mirror and in the shower drastically helps with seeing yourself when applying bathroom products to yourself. Not only that, but it also allows you to see the entire bathroom properly when you decide to clean it so that you don’t miss anything.
- Ventilation; Having proper ventilation in your bathroom is essential otherwise mould can grow very easily on the roof or walls.
Not only that, but proper ventilation also stops your bathroom from being filled with steam after a hot shower, so it is easier to breathe and your mirror won’t be as foggy.
Without proper ventilation, the paint on your bathroom walls will eventually start to come away and black mould will be far more likely to grow. Find out the difference between the four types of mould here.
- Suitable windows; Proper windows are needed when renovating your bathroom. If your windows are just regular windows, they are easy to see through so you don’t have any privacy from your neighbours. In addition, you need to consider the way that your windows open, are you able to open your window to allow ventilation without people seeing inside.
- Thorough planning; Ensure that you plan your bathroom renovation correctly, as a lot of time and money can be wasted by not properly planning your renovation ahead of time.
Ensure desired layout and materials are realistic and beneficial to your property. Ensure the materials used are suitable for a bathroom and that all tradesmen have a good understanding of what work is to be carried out, enabling them to carry out the work productively.
Without the correct planning, you can be left with a bathroom that cost lots of time (and potentially also money), which doesn’t function as well as it would have had the bathroom renovation been planned out correctly.
Proper bathroom planning will also enable you to line up the correct tradespeople at the correct times so that you can save time on your renovation and start using your bathroom again as quickly as possible.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
In conclusion, the 5 steps above; Suitable walls and floor including waterproofing, adequate ventilation, the correct windows and thorough planning are essential when renovating your bathroom. Your bathroom cannot properly function without them.
Contact us and we will give you additional information and a free quote regarding your bathroom renovations. Our team have a great eye for style and understand what is needed to really make your bathroom stand out and provide you with huge satisfaction.